The Institute delivers world-class research, engagement and training that serves as a national and international resource for scholars, clinicians, system leaders, patients and families in the implementation of evidence-based clinical care. The effective integration of research into practice contributes to the health and healthcare of Australians, influences health policy, improves global health outcomes, and enhances Bond University as a leading private and independent University.
We aim to improve healthcare by better understanding the causes of, and solutions to, gaps between research evidence and its application in practice.
To achieve this, we:
- Undertake research that more closely aligns evidence and patient care.
- Support and extend collaborations between clinicians and health researchers to achieve higher value care.
- Enable patients and families to make evidence-informed health decisions that are congruent with their values and preferences.
- Lead and facilitate the teaching and learning of evidence-based practice.
- Develop young researchers for research programs in sustainable healthcare.
Our research addresses four big, neglected problems in healthcare. Our focus in these areas assists health systems to provide care that is patient-centred and informed by evidence, and enables patients to make decisions that are congruent with their values, preferences and circumstances.
See our brochure
Support our work
The Institute welcomes supporters from the corporate and philanthropic sectors. We are grateful to the many corporations, organisations and individuals who have already generously given time, funding or other support.