In addition to helping carry out the strategic vision of the EQUATOR network in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region, the focus of the Australasian EQUATOR Centre is on reducing waste and enhancing the value of biomedical research.
Examples of our current activities include:
- Improving the descriptions of interventions in research (such as trials and systematic reviews) and developing online tools to enable authors to more easily create complete descriptions of interventions
- Developing tools, including automation tools, that enable many steps in the systematic review process to be done faster and more efficiently
- Undertaking research in research waste and creating resources to increase the value of research (in conjunction with the Reward Alliance)
- Contributing to the creation and/or updating of key reporting guidelines (e.g. TIDieR, PRISMA, STARD, PRISMA for Abstracts)
- Providing training activities within the Australasian region in research reporting, publication skills, and research protocols.